Friday, November 16, 2012

Intro


Dear Internet...

Hello.  My name is Rob.  This is my blog, where I intend to post various thoughts about life, politics, and particularly religious politics.  I am also a "Liberal" Catholic.  What is a "Liberal" Catholic?  Well, you know that massive portion of U.S. Catholics who voted for President Obama this year?  The Catholics some people say aren't "real" Catholics and should just get out of the Church?  I am one of them.  And I am NOT leaving!  There is much that fulfills me about this faith, and I believe it has great potential.  I want to do what I can to help this Church, and I believe I can do that by staying and trying to make things better.  I will from time to time post on other topics, but cultural/religious commentary will be a big part of this blog.

Also......trolling will NOT be tolerated!  I invite debate on this wall, but attacking other people is obviously off limits.  No calling others names.  If you don't like what a person says, say stuff like "I disagree/I think your wrong".  I shouldn't have to say this, but its the Internet. 

The final point isn't an order but a suggestion.  Look, I have grown sick of generalized statements.  As in "Gay Marriage will Destroy America" or "The fact that you ask questions about this topic shows you are either uneducated about being a real Catholic, or a stubborn brat".  I want specifics on this wall.  For instance, if you believe that it is impossible for the Church to change its views on particular topics, I want you to cite the councils, statements, and history that proves your point.  If I/someone in the comments bring up a historical fact that would seem to contradict your point, respond to that point with history.  Or, specifically point out from A to B what specific social policies will lead to (in your opinion).  This is only a suggestion, but  I WILL be looking to challenge general statements. 

(Salutes) General Statement.  hehe

Well, time for my first of a series of posts.  In these posts, I will attempt to look at buzzwords in popular culture that strike fear, and looking deeper at these words.  While these posts don't involve citing statistics as much, I count these as "from A to B" statements.  This series will be called....."Is This Dangerous?"

No comments:

Post a Comment